I’m based in Melbourne, was previously a research academic, then a research grant developer, and have returned to academia as a lecturer in research education and development.
Some of the other hats I’ve worn, and some I’m still wearing:
- Co-creator and manager of The Research Whisperer (with Jonathan O’Donnell; 2011-present).
- Columnist, Eureka Street (2017)
- Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Intercultural Studies (2010-present).
- Editorial Advisory Board, Australian Universities’ Review (2015-present).
- Founding convenor, Asian Australian Studies Research Network (AASRN; 2006-present).
- Founding Editorial Advisor, Peril: An Asian Australian magazine of arts + culture (2006-2013).
- Editor, Journal of Intercultural Studies (2006-2010).
If you want to see more of my academic self, here’s my Google Scholar profile.
I am also at:
Other online projects:
- #sadchairsofacademia – “You think you’re having a hard time in academia, but have you ever thought of the chairs? Will no-one think of the chairs?”
- #tiredbagsofMelbourne – “Every day, on the crushloaded public transport of Melbourne, bags and their friends are abused and evicted. Tired Bags of Melbourne, we salute you!”